Change background image
  1. What's up? I see you're viewing as a Guest. How about registering, it only takes like 2 minutes. This will enable you to do more on our forum and stay updated.

Find User Ip On Skype [wireshark]

Discussion in 'General Hacking & Security' started by Crazy52, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
This thread is more than 180 days old.
  1. Malta

Malta New Member Member

Hello Crazy52 are u still around ? I need help and it is really important
  2. Crazy52

Crazy52 Gate Keeper Admin

im still around
  3. Malta

Malta New Member Member

Great :) Is the method still working ? I tried to find some IP but no success. So, i thought things could have been changed since u wrote the the tutorial back in 2012
  4. Crazy52

i have not used skype in some time but id assume it would still work seeing as its a cheap way to send information.

as said before you can try removing "and data.len == 3" because the data may change in size with updates.
  5. DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF Co-Webmaster Admin

6. rEvolt!

rEvolt! New Member Member

I will test it bro
    Very nice tutorial
    Thanks for the sharing
  7. Anon1483

Anon1483 New Member Member

Tried doing this but with no success does the person have to be on your actual skype friends list or can it just be a random person you call also sorry in advance if i ask something stupid i am really new to this.
  8. Crazy52

there is a new setting that does not allow for a direct p2p connection exposing your ip to people not on your contacts list, when enabled this will only directly share direct p2p traffic using voip and video with users in your contacts otherwise it will try to bounce through a skype server.
    [​IMG]

to see someones ip both you and the other user may need to ether add each other in contacts or disable this option.
  9. Anon1483

damn so it isnt gonna work lame

just checked it and it was automatically disabled for me so im gonna guess its disabled on the other persons skype too but it still didnt work
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  10. Crazy52

ill do some tests later today and see if this method is still working.
    best way to test is try with a friend and look for an ip that you already know.
  11. Anon1483

let me know if it still works or not I don't really have anyone that would be willing to test it
Thread Status:
This thread is more than 180 days old.