Change background image
  1. What's up? I see you're viewing as a Guest. How about registering, it only takes like 2 minutes. This will enable you to do more on our forum and stay updated.

Newhax needs some love guys.

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems, & Complaints' started by aazcod, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is more than 180 days old.
  1. aazcod

aazcod Dns is gey Member

Whats wrong Newhax?
    So as we can all see, our beloved Newhax is, in layman's terms, dead! We must do something about this guys...

The last active times on this forum were around 2012-2013, it's been 2-3 years since we had this bitch booming. I won't sit here and say all we have to do is change this and that and the whole site will be back to it's legacy. Let's be real, nostalgia makes everything
    seem better, although it's dead here now, I have a feeling we can make this place awesome, fun, and a better forum than it ever has been.

How can we help to fix it?
    First things first, who is still active here? Anyone who still lurks, posts, or is just stopping by, please post so we know what we got to work with. We need more unique content, including topics like IOS jailbreaks, Gaming, Phone releases, ect... This is NEWHAX we need to keep all the "Hax" here updated, meaning we should have all the top shit coming out here so we won't have to work hard to get new members, they will come to see what we have! I don't want anyone annoying the staff to make the site top shit because they are here to administrate, not keep our community filled with cool shit, Crazy has been doing that for years, and while we thank him for that it should be us posting that. I know I'm the worst case example for this, seeing as half of my posts are pointless (Probably more than half being 100% honest). Hopefully you guys see where I am coming from, and realize I am not on one of my old rants, I just want somewhere to relax and learn. Glad you guys took the time to read this. Hopefully something can happen in the next few months. Good luck guys!

I will personally try my best to add new content here that will get hits. I don't expect anyone to care, I just hope all the people who miss the old newhax will help and contribute to the community and hopefully in a few years we can be the biggest hacking related forums on the interwebz!

Love azz

Installing windows 7 on this laptop to get better compatibility then i'll be making some posts for ios jailbreaks and tweaks.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2015
  2. That One Guy

That One Guy Junior Member Member

Well, first, if you want anyone to find this website... google isn't going to help. You need to bring members here yourself, by either advertising, word of mouth, or some other means of communication. I'm going to start learning how to code here myself, and along the way I may pop in and write up a few tutorials myself. I won't be very motivated though because only 5 people will bother to view it, and maybe 1 actually try it.

That brings up my 2nd point... If you want people to post here, there needs to be attention. People are attention whores. They will spam all day if that means they're on the news. Publicity is nice and gives people motivation. It's an endless loophole to be honest. A catch-22. The only way to break it is for members to be active by posting without caring if someone else is going to view it or not. Is that very likely? No. Is it possible? Yes.

Once you have about 20 active members, it only starts to grow from there. Word of mouth spreads like a virus.

EDIT: Off-topic, but I also want to mention that I've built up MANY, MANY communities before (hax4wii to name one), and the only way to really get the community booming is by advertisement (I literally played Call of Duty with a name changer code that had www.hax4wii.com in bright blue and wii remote buttons. This was to grab their attention. Notice how this white and blue stands out).

RIP H4W June 25th, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  3. aazcod

aazcod Dns is gey Member

Wii hax had this site booming, then wii dies and so does the 10+ sites that had wii shits. RIP old days.
  4. That One Guy

Well... Find something new we could all work on and maybe the site will start to boom again.
  5. dns

dns Active Member Admin

How about I appoint some more staff with the appropriate abilities and let you guys do what you think will help. I'm open to letting you guys run the site as long as you take care of it. I work from the time I get up to the time I go to sleep building vaping mods so I have no spare time at all right now. Bout to train my gf on the laser cutter so things can move a little quicker in that area.

So the real question is, who wants to apply for which positions, and how do you think you can help the forum? We can change forum software, theme, content, whatever you guys want to do. I'll leave it up to you guys. But newhax isn't going to go away either way, I can guarantee you that.
    Brandon likes this.
  6. Crazy52

Crazy52 Gate Keeper Admin

i think things are fine as is, the only issues are content & community.
    Brandon likes this.
  7. That One Guy

Well, I left a suggestion before. Maybe have a suggestion thread for purely improving newhax? There might already be a section, I don't know, I'm stoned as fuck right now but anyways. The theme should be changed a bit to something more... minimalistic and "professional". Make it so the site feels more smooth, if that makes sense? Right now the theme feels like it's 2009 all over again. Not that that is a bad thing, just nostalgia can only hold it's weight so long and doesn't look 'appetizing' to newcomers. A very slick theme that's almost 'flat' and transparent would work well in this current trend.
    Maybe something like this (this was just a quick google search, I'm sure you could find/make something better): [​IMG]
    A more active staff would be better. It's really only you from my point of view. If this means a more broader range of staff like a couple more moderators (besides just shotty and Brandon), then that would be cool. Obviously you don't need to overflow with staff to the point where everyone is a mod, but you get the gist of what I'm saying.
  8. dns

dns Active Member Admin

In all honesty the original newhax members, primarily the ones that still remain and check in, are all in my opinion worthy and after this amount of time should all be mature and competent enough to handle being at the very least moderators. But I wouldn't mind another admin, either.
    Brandon likes this.
  9. Crazy52

... dns i think you have been away too long, you do remember who you are talking about?
    (remember the minecraft server massacre)

throwing powers to who ever wants it just for being around for a long time is like giving a senile old man an ak-47
    Brandon likes this.
  10. That One Guy

That's true. You can't just give anyone power, otherwise they'll abuse it, even if they've been a member the longest.
  11. aazcod

aazcod Dns is gey Member

Obviously talking about me here, I'm old enough and matured enough for you to just come out and say it man. Promise I won't say anything annoying to troll you anymore. Although I will say I completely apologize for being a fuck back then and I take full responsibility for all the minecraft related drama this site has endured. I would love to be involved and help get NH back together, But as I say this I don't really want to be a moderator. Not implying dns was specifically designating me in this. I just don't want that title, especially when there are obviously still some salty views about me on these forums, which are nonetheless completely understandable. All i'm trying to say is: I am completely down to help anywhere I can, just send me in a direction.

I like the idea of a new theme.

Here is one I found, I am willing to purchase it for NH, but I'm not sure how to go about buying a xenforo theme. Plus there is so many other options I haven't seen that I think we should find some cool ones and do a poll thread of some sorts.
    http://bit.ly/1LlgixT [link to xenforo.com]
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    Brandon likes this.
  12. That One Guy

Wow that's actually really simplistic and I like it. Maybe it could use some different colors and a few different things in it, but overall it looks very sleek to my eyes. :)
  13. aazcod

aazcod Dns is gey Member

Xenforo themes are super customizable. We could change pretty much everything in that theme to fit Newhax!
    Brandon likes this.
  14. aazcod

aazcod Dns is gey Member

Okay well since much hasn't happened anyone seriously interested in helping please send me a pm so we can start a private chat about everything.
    Brandon likes this.
  15. Brandon

Brandon Programmer Moderator

You cant expect everyone to get on and see responses to this thread I know you want to get newhax started again but not everyone has the time right now to get it back up and running DNS is as busy as ever from what I can tell, Crazy atm looks like he has no intention to work on newhax right now cojoe is overseas I don't know where the fuck american is Wick3d dropped off the face of the earth years ago all that's left is a few active members and as far as I can tell half the members here are dead since the site is dead sure we get new members here and there but they don't stay just come and make an account and the accounts just sit there doing nothing you guys can bash me for saying this but it needs to get cleaned we need new active members and yes the only way to do that Azzcod is to get newhax on fire again just because the wii is dead doesn't mean newhax is dead in fact it should make us want to work harder to get back to when newhax had members coming everyday looking for new shit to do. I will help when I can I have plenty of time to update content and that XenForo you cant buy anyways not available this is made by XenForo by the way so it should be just as easy to change the look of the current sites that one you posted can't be bought anyways and i'm pretty sure it's not maintained anymore I'm all up for helping you but you can't rush change so quickly things are bound to go wrong I want just as much as anyone to help and I'm willing to help you just need to pm me so we can get started.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  16. Crazy52

1. newhax does not need the kind of work you think it does.
    2. inactive user accounts existing are not harming newhax in any way and deleting them will not help in any way.
    3. there is nothing wrong with the current theme or layout, changing the theme or layout will not magically bring people here.
    4. ever hear of line breaks?
  17. Brandon

Brandon Programmer Moderator

1. You ever hear of not being a dick?
    2. Obviously not, & also you don't know what other people are thinking or what ideas they have.
    3. Stop being a douche and maybe ask people what there thinking.
    4. Just because you're and admin doesn't mean you have the right to be a dick to everyone.
  18. aazcod

aazcod Dns is gey Member

Can we all agree to disagree? I see no future in newhax if we still fight like we did how many years back. Crazy, you may think were all wrong, and we might actually be, but let us figure that out on our own. Your an admin your here to administrate, keep doing you. We will keep doing us, and hopefully we can all work together soon.
  19. Crazy52

I should not need to ask what you are thinking after you speak your mind, if you have something to add then you should do it.

just to be clear there is nothing wrong with the site, it works as intended looks nice and functions smoothly (aside from a cache issue that we cant fix)
    deleting users will not help, changing the theme will not help, making more admins will not help.

the only way to help is to supply content and retain visitors.

i load up newhax every day and im not about to leave you two unsupervised and stay out of it especially when my name gets thrown around.
  20. aazcod

aazcod Dns is gey Member

Just wan't to add that dns was the only person with the idea of adding new staff.

But my real concern is what are you supervising us for? We are simply trying to brain storm on ideas to get newhax active again. If we need to be watched to do that then I don't feel like I should invest any time into the cause. I'll leave this to you guys, ofc I'll be active as always, but won't try to help if this is what it's coming to.
  21. Crazy52

i dont see why you are acting surprised that when people talk about crazy he shows up
  22. aazcod

aazcod Dns is gey Member

I'm to no surprise at all, I'm surprised your so against the discussion of reviving newhax. Regardless of how quirky our ideas are.
  23. Crazy52

im not against it at all, i just think you are all looking at the wrong things.
    ignoring the real problems and finding ones where there are none.
  24. aazcod

aazcod Dns is gey Member

Well then administrator, put us on the right path.
    Something I've been asking for this entire time man...
  25. Crazy52

when people get here they are ether going to end up on a random tutorial/news page because they are searching for something, or they will land on the front page.
    the ones looking for something but end up on another page will ether make an account and reply to that thread (probably old) or they will make an account and post something in introduction (as the non-members are suggested to do in a notification on every page)
    but we dont get many from the front page so we may want to work on that.

for example i hate AJAX chats with a passion but it could help on the front page.
    (or even better if we could get an IRC widget)
Thread Status:
This thread is more than 180 days old.